Students are thrilled when summer break begins. However, this excitement often fades when boredom sets in. Without classes or home works, they simply don’t know what to do with all their free time. If you are looking for fun things to do this summer, the following list of activities will help you to take full advantage of your summer break
1. Enroll in summer sports clinic that trains children to learn new and exciting sports like basketball, badminton, martial arts, football and swimming. It enhances physical fitness, it also teaches life lessons like teamwork, sense of responsibility and discipline.
2. I’m sure there are a lot of toys and clothes that you are not using anymore. Why not spend some time this summer break in cleaning your closet and donate them to charities. It does not only lessen your clutter, you will also put a smile on someone’s face.
3. Hip hop, ballet or jazz, if you want to burn calories, boost your energy and increase strength, endurance and flexibility, a dance class will all do it for you. Sign up in a dance studio near you.
4. Apply in a company that offers summer jobs to students. It does not only teach you how to manage your own money, but it can help you develop your social skills, sense of responsibility and increases self-esteem.
5. If you are a music lover and wish to hone your skills, you can register in guitar and piano classes. You can also sign up in glee clubs and church choir to enhance your singing ability.
6. Get connected and network with groups in your community by signing up to volunteer in different social and environmental causes like tree planting, recycling or spending hours taking care of abandoned cats and dogs.
7. There are many types of classes you can take while on a summer break such as cooking lessons, arts and scrapbook making. Classes such as these are a great way of discovering your hidden talents and true passion.
8. If you want to just stay at home, why not read your textbooks in advance. It challenges yourself academically and gives you a competitive edge over your classmates this coming school year.
9. If you are more adventurous, try to attend summer camps. You will learn to appreciate nature, develop life skills like cooperation, independence and self reliance. It’s also a great way of meeting new friends and with all the physical activities; it’s a cool exercise this summer.